Sunday, April 19, 2009

Internet Prompts

Well I didn't quite know how to start this blog so I searched the web. Googling "blog prompts" I found this intriguing site called mindbump. It there gave me, “Are you the type of person who lives for the journey or the destination?”.

This question really stumps me. I'm not quite sure. As I seem to answer every question, it depends. I live for the destination as a coping mechanism. If the journey isn't fun there is no point in living for misery. Also living for the destination gives you a sense of hope. It shows that as bad as things can seem it's just temporary and things will get better. Not to say that I don't live for the journey. I do because the destination is just a place and it's important to realize and enjoy the trip. It's the majority of your life, it just makes sense to live for it. 

Well that was pretty boring. I thought it would be an interesting topic but it sort of got redundant and boring really fast. Well lets think of something to say.

Well I watched Rent last night which was pretty cool. I really enjoyed it. I'm not going to spoil it for like the two people that read my blog but it's really deep. It was just amazing watching this close knit group of friends, waiting for each other to die. The music was amazing too but I think everyone knows that. My favorite song was either Tango: Maureen or I'll Cover You. I'll Cover You would probably win though because it was so heart touching. Angel was one of my favorite characters which caused the plot more sadder for me. He or She just seemed so full of life and loving to everyone he/she encountered. Roger was probably my second favorite. His deep tragedy and outlook on life was heartbreaking. His character was complex and almost refreshing. 

Well the weather hasn't very nice. It's supposed to get nice over the weekend though. Rain is a bummer because I can't ride my bike. That's pretty much the focus of my life at the moment. "Is the weather nice enough to ride my bike?". Seeing it's pouring rain I would say no but it's supposed to get up to 75 degrees on Friday. That would be awesome. I'm a little tired of Michigan "Spring". I'm not sure if I really believe in it. Michigan "spring" is sort of like cold, cold, cold, cold, warm, warmer, snow, snow, cold, cold, warm, snow, warm, snow, cold, cold, warm, warm, cold, summer! It's pretty epic if you guys haven't noticed. 

This is a Monday. I suppose I have the rest of the week ahead of me. That's pretty cool I suppose. Sort of exhausting though. Well hopes for a good week!



2 comments:

Sara amazing K said...

yessss i figured it out!
okay first comment:
RENT IS FRICKEN AMAZING. I MEAN IT.
My fave song would have to be... ALL OF THEM but I like Another Day for some strange reason. idk.
and yes it is epically sad when Angel... ok i won't spoil it either.
AAAND Roger is also one of my fave characters- Adam Pascal!
second comment: I want to ride my bike too.
Third comment: sprinter (winter+spring=sprinter) stinks.
fourth comment:hope you have a good week too!

Amelia said...

Sara has join-ed the par-tay! Well she probably did years ago but I was just... out of it.

Anyway, I love your whole "that's all I think about these days- riding my bike" thing. That's just... you should be a national/worldly/etc hero!!! EVERYONE should just RIDE THEIR BIKE.

That's a nice word- sprinter. I say you either snow 402+ inches or the birds chirp and the grass is green.

I STILL NEED TO SEE RENT. It's like bad. Well, it IS bad. Mannnnnnnn.

Well there were a few blog prompts on the MJ Blog link I gave you.. but yeah cool. I actually liked your thing about the destination/journey. I think those questions are sort of a catch-22/oxy-moron, etc, because like... after thinking through it all, it's like the destination, but to get there it's the journey, but then like you had to go through the journey..

..and yeah.

Yeah.