Sunday, January 4, 2009

January!! January! January!

Well, it's the last day before school starts. I find it pretty sad in a way. The longest break of the school year is almost over. Passed by quick as it seems winter has. The days are longer, the air is warmer. The ground is still slippery but better than it was at some points. I said earlier this year, "You know you live in Michigan when the welcome mat you put out for people to wipe the snow off their shows has frozen to the porch." Some things never change!

My parents are setting up our new 40' flat screen television. I'm not so fond of it. I think its a bit to much. I'll probably like it more later but I prefer watching tv in the entertainment room where I can sit in my beanbag and scan the channels. I can't do that in the living room because Kayla gets annoyed at my compulsive checking of the listings. Ugh... this thing is insane. Scares me a little. It looks so fragile unlike our sturdy old television. I"ll adjust, eventually.

So I'm doing homework. Seems like the only thing I've been doing lately. Takes me forever to do my homework. Probably doesn't help that I'm on the computer while doing it but the computer keeps me sane. I'm having trouble with direct variations. Does anyone know if 6x+3=y is a direct variation? I'm doomed. Ugh....

Listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack. I was raised on ABBA and Aretha Franklin. It's a miracle I've turned out as normalish as I did. Not such a big fan of Aretha Franklin. Drives me semi-insane actually. I bear through it for my mom though. I just looked up ABBA on Wikipedia. Although I've been warned to avoid Wikipedia I trust it when it comes to the SWEDISH BEATLES. I was telling Jenny on New Year's Eve that ABBA was Swedish and she told me that it was as American as apple pie. Guess who's right?

I'm a little stressed right now. My parents are watching the news on CNN. Things aren't looking good in Israel/Palestine. It's looking like we will have a WWIII on our hand soon. Not one war but all countries (except maybe Switzerland) in a state of warfare with themselves or another country. Scary thought isn't it.

Well, back to homework and being overwhelmed by the giant television. Till later! Might be a while depending on the week. Adios! 

Rianna



1 comment:

Amelia said...

I'm having lots of fun reading your blog. No seriously.

Yeah, but the rest of the year will go by really fast. And there's still like... Spring Break I guess. Ha, I love that quote about the welcome mats.

Wow- 40 feet. Wait, must be inches. " Well, yeah you'll get used to it. I have no idea what a direct variation is, I'm afraid. I don't think it is though. Well maybe.

HA HA OMG. I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD there. With that "I was raised on ABBA and Aretha Franklin. It's a miracle I've turned out as normalish as I did. Not such a big fan of Aretha Franklin. Drives me semi-insane actually." part. HA HA! Ok. This is just amusing. The way you say stuff. Ha ha!!! Yeah I don't really like Aretha Franklin either. I used to sort of. Back when I didn't really know what music was, I guess.

Yeah, wikipedia is... yeah. ABBA gives me the creeps.

And plus, apple pie has sort of lost it's American credibility. Too much stress on the stereotype, I'd say.

Well, Obama'll fix things. You have a good January now.